Tuesday, May 13, 2014

Healthy Eats: Southwest Turkey Burger



Ingredients
1 pound ground turkey
1/3 cup black bean and corn salsa
1 egg
1 tomato, sliced
1 avocado, just the guts
1 lime, juiced
Optional garlic salt

In a medium bowl, combine the turkey, salsa and egg. Mix well. It should make about 4 patties.
Cook it up in a pan or griddle. Make sure to cook all the way through. Mix avocado, lime juice,  and a pinch of garlic salt. Top of burger with this guac and a tomato slice. Since I was avoiding hamburger buns it ended up being easier chopping up the tomato and putting in the guac.
______________________________________________________________________________

So this week I went on the dreaded "diet." It's the Jillian Michaels 7-Day Kickstart your metabolism booklet that came with the workout program. It started of with plain greek yogurt with cinnamon and almonds. BLEH pretty gross. Then I saw turkey burgers on the menu and I figured it would just be equally sad. WRONG. It was so yummy! Of course I modified the recipe. I was supposed to have brussels sprouts with the burger. Sorry, not happening. I had some roasted zucchini instead.

Normally I just oversleep, or am too distracted by school, work or whatever to eat. Then I find myself starving and just eating something quick and not great for me (ahh taco hell). Actually taking the time to cook again hasn't been perfect but it's definitely been rewarding. I hope you enjoy the recipe.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...