Sunday, July 24, 2011

Homemade Surprises: Potluck!

So I had little get together today with some awesome people that revolved around something everybody loves, food. I think Nisha won the best chef award. She made bean dip, roast chicken, mashed potatoes, aaand salad. But I think my favorite was Jenny's orzo, even though I don't like olives. I gotta get that recipe. Scott and I contributed with:
Watermelon Lemonade <3
                                 
Perfect for the hot Florida summer.
Needed
A strainer, big glass/plastic pitcher
Ingredients
1 1/2 cups fresh lemon juice (about 6 big lemons)
1 cup sugar
4 cups water 
4 cups chopped, seeded, watermelon
 Instructions
First make the syrup by combining 1 cup water with 1 cup sugar in a saucepot. Heat on the stove until the sugar is dissolved. Let the mixture cool. Next, juice the lemons, and use the strainer to get all the seeds out. Combine the 4 cups of water, syrup (water sugar mixture), and lemon juice in the pitcher. Puree 4 cups of chopped, seeded watermelon with 2 cups of the lemonade mixture. You can strain it again if you want less watermelon pulp in your lemonade but you don't have to. Add it back to the pitcher and stir.

Aaaand Candied Bacon Chocolate Chip Cookies
I've been wanting to make these forever. Every time I told people that it always got mixed reviews. Either a that's "Awesome" or "Disgusting!" I'll admit the first time I heard of them I thought it was crazy but the salty & sweet combo intrigued me. These cookies turned out really good and smelled amazing when they came out of the oven. The bacon flavor was very mild though. Even Jenny's mom, who probably wouldn't have tried it if she knew what they really were, liked them. If you're brave enough to try them I got the recipe from the blog pete bakes!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...